How would you like to be a Hump Night intern and take my Monday night performance class for free?
Right now I’m looking for someone to help with box office, tech and setup on Wednesday nights at Hump Night. In return for working the show, you could take my Monday night improv class for free. If you are interested, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any relavant tech or box office experience (not required). In addition, fill out the application for the class.
Read more about Hump Night.
Read more about my Monday Night Improv Performance Class which starts on February 4th.
Hump Night returns this Wednesday with an amazing lineup of guest performers. Hump Night is a night of improv, comedy, storytelling, music and more.
7:30 – The Improv Hour with guest teams:
8:30 – The Variety Hour with:
- A story by Ever Mainard
- Stand up by Natalie Jose
- Stand up by Cody Melcher
- Music by Andy Eninger
Also a special appearance by Ryan Nallen and his 31 days of Improv project.
9:45 – Mullaney Chain with:
- Mark Raterman (Cook County Social Club)
- Sue Gillan (Second City Mainstage & e.t.c.)
- Beau Golwitzer (The Reckoning)
- Hans Holsen (Improvised Shakespeare Company, Second City TourCo)
Holy crap. Look at that lineup for Mullaney Chain! I’m excited.
Come when you want!
Pay what you want!
3829 N. Broadway
Here is the line up for this Wednesday’s Mullaney Chain: I asked Dina Facklis (Second City Tourco, Virgin Daiquiri, Armando), she asked Jeff Murdoch (ButchMAX), he asked Jo Scott (Henrietta Pussycat, Super Human, WiseSnatch, Meow Meow Ruff) and she asked Tim Reardon (ButchMAX).
By the way, this is the second time Tim has been asked to be a part of Mullaney Chain. Matt Manley asked him to be in the show a few months back when we played at Upstairs Gallery. One thing I’m noticing is that not only do people choose good improvisors when they get a chance to invite someone, they tend to ask super nice people as well. The show always seems to be filled with generous, cool people and it’s one reason why I love doing it.
January 9th is opening night of Hump Night, a new comedy night at Strawdog Theatre. It’s an ecclectic evening in three acts:
- 7:30 – The Improv Hour, featuring indie improv teams and student teams
- 8:30 – The Variety Hour, featuring music, standup, sketch, storytelling and improv
- 9:45 – Mullaney Chain, an improv show featuring Chicago finest improvisers
Opening night line up includes:
- Other People’s Children, Dinosaur & McGarnakle in the improv hour
- Lady Love, The Shock Ts, Candy Lawrence, Caitlin Bergh & Chad Briggs during the variety hour
- And Dina Facklis as the first guest improviser in Mullaney Chain
WHERE: Strawdog Theatre’s Hugen Hall, 3829 N Broadway 2nd Floor, Chicago
WHEN: Wednesdays 7:30 – 10:30