- Where: Theatre Momentum Studio at 1800 W. Cornelia Avenue
- Dates: July 10, 17, 24, 31
- When: Noon to 4pm (class is noon to 2:45 with a bonus practice hour from 3 to 4).
- Cost: $89, $59 if you sign up and pay before July 4th.
- For intermediate and advanced improv students. Limit 14 students.
New Apps for Your Improv Scenes
In this four week workshop, we will download some new apps that you can use in the middle of any scene to make it better. These techniques will make your so-so scenes good and your good scenes great. You’ll learn to better connect with your scene partner by noticing their emotions and behavior and by reacting from your gut. You’ll also learn a variety of tools to add texture, detail and spontaneity to your scenes.
How the Class Will Work:
The regular class meets from noon to 2:45pm each Saturday. There is a bonus practice hour immediately following the class from 3 to 4pm. The bonus hour is a chance for you to do as many scenes as we can pack into an hour, so that you can practice what you have learned. I’ll be playing along with you, and I’ll be videotaping the scenes so that I can review them later and send you notes via email after the class.
How to Register
Email me at ircmullaney [at] gmail.com and tell me that you’d like to take the class. In your email tell me:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Your preference to pay (paypal or a check). I’ll send you payment instructions.
- A brief explanation of your experience.
Kevin Mullaney is the former Artistic Director of the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in NYC and the former Managing Director of the Del Close Marathon. He also oversaw the UCB Training Center’s improv classes where he taught for 8 years. He directed numerous shows at the UCB including Slow Waltz Around Rage Mountain, Tracers and Individually Wrapped. In Chicago, he performed with many groups at iO including the house team Frank Booth. He founded and directed the iO Road Show and taught for the iO training center.